RAC Mobile Applications
Digital Sandbox’s Mobile Applications provide the members of the public safety community a real-time connection to the information they need to understand and respond to the threats in their environment. By integrating smart phone technology with its Risk Analysis Center (RAC), Digital Sandbox has developed processes for data transmission, prioritization, and presentation that give first responders, risk managers, and executives instant access to critical information regarding their risk situations, at any location.
Digital Sandbox’s Mobile Applications make the RAC database of CIKR, risk, threat, and hazard data directly accessible to its users in the field. Designed to enhance and expand the RAC’s core risk management capabilities, the mobile applications can increase users’ situational awareness at special events, record data for on-site field assessments, inform fusion center operatives of suspicious activities, and instantly transmit fire plans or HAZMAT data to first responders in the field. Accurate information on a critical asset; real-time notification and location of a new threat; ability to document an event, observation, or situation and transmit it to an intelligent recipient – all these features and more are found within Digital Sandbox’s RAC Mobile Applications.
The RAC Mobile Monitor provides users with an immediate visual snapshot of their critical assets, including their locations, biographic data, risk details, and assessment information. The RAC Mobile Indicator enables users to precisely document a suspicious activity via a photo, activity category, or personal observation, and transmit that information to a RAC monitoring station in real time. The RAC Mobile Threat Monitor presents users with a customizable list of threats and news items disseminated from the RAC, and prioritized, all in real time.
All Digital Sandbox Mobile Applications are available for devices using Apple’s iOS® mobile operating system and can be downloaded from the App Store at no charge. A Digital Sandbox RAC subscription is required to activate the apps.
The RAC Mobile Monitor is a streamlined extension of the RAC’s critical asset catalog; with it, users can carry their entire catalog in their mobile device, wherever they go. Asset location is immediately available upon loading the app; tapping an asset indicator brings up basic information about the asset, the ability to view the asset’s risk details, any associated documents, and a link to the asset page within the RAC itself, for the entire universe of data for that asset. The RAC Mobile Monitor includes the ability for users to retrieve or begin field assessments on their assets, taking advantage of the mobile devices’ built-in GPS and camera to enhance their assessment data.
In addition, the RAC Mobile Monitor provides its users with a real-time prioritized feed of threats and related incidents generated by the RAC. People in the field can be alerted to a threat-related incident, and have immediate awareness of the proximity of critical assets to that threat.
The RAC Mobile Monitor includes the following features:
- Immediate view of asset location on regional map.
- One-touch access to a subset of asset information.
- One-touch drill-down to asset risk details.
- Direct link to the asset’s page within the RAC itself.
- Customized RSS and calls-for-service feeds, prioritized and displayed in real-time.
- Threat-related incidents located on the map.
- Instant access to any assessment data collected on a particular asset, including photos, observations, physical data, and more.
- Ability to create new assessments and enter data directly.
- Instant access to asset-related documents, such as pre-fire floor plans or HAZMAT data, held in the RAC.
The RAC Mobile Indicator is a fully customizable tool for documenting and reporting incidents accurately and in real time. Integrated with the RAC, the RAC Mobile Indicator allows users to describe an incident, geo-locate it, photograph it* and transmit the incident report instantly to the RAC, where it is logged, prioritized, and presented to RAC analysts.
The RAC Mobile Indicator provides security personnel or citizen observers with the means to precisely illustrate and report any type of incident deemed of interest to a risk environment. The two-part system seamlessly combines the reporting of an incident with a prioritizing process that distinguishes more critical issues from those less important. Security personnel or analysts monitoring incoming reports are presented with an ever-prioritizing list of incidents based on multiple factors and keywords determined by the organization. A security monitoring system at a university using the RAC Mobile Indicator may have a very different set of key words and prioritizing algorithms than a system at a major shipping port, for example. In either case, however, the prioritizing process separates the “noise” from the true incidents of concern, and brings them to the fore.
The RAC Mobile Indicator includes the following features:
- Intuitive user interface that enables rapid description and transmission of incidents.
- Ability to select from a revolving list of common activities determined by client.
- Automatic geo-coding of incident.
- Ability to transmit report anonymously or include contact information, as desired.
- Ability to enter written description or notes.
- Ability to include photo of incident.*
- Automatic prioritization of incidents based on client-determined key words and scoring rules.
The RAC Mobile Threat Monitor is a tool that presents constantly updating news or information items aggregated from multiple RSS feeds and local calls-for-service. Clients select the feeds desired, which are sent to the RAC Mobile Threat Monitor via a secure channel. Information items are prioritized according to client-determined scoring rules and key words, ensuring that those items of greatest interest are always at the top of the list.
Users can instantly display a summary of the news or information item or access the entire story at the source, if desired. Items are visually differentiated according to priority; users can immediately see the level of importance ascribed to each item. Clients can manually adjust an item’s score if they disagree with the weighting results.
The RAC Mobile Threat Monitor includes the following features:
- Immediate access to incoming news/threat items upon loading the app.
- User-configurable scoring cut-off.
- Access to multiple information channels
- Visually differentiated item prioritization.
- Ability to view item summary and full story directly from mobile device.
- Ability to e-mail story if desired.