Advanced Analytics Center
The Digital Sandbox Advanced Analytics Center provides an industry-leading risk analysis capability for organizations that must deal with highly complex risk and preparedness scenarios or operate in a highly dynamic risk environment.
The Advanced Analytics Center comprises three critical elements of risk analysis – powerful domain model creation, expert data elicitation, and comprehensive risk analytics – to produce risk management solutions for government agencies and private industry. Leveraging more than eleven years of creating risk management solutions for federal, state, local, and private industry constituencies, Digital Sandbox designed its Advanced Analytics Center to consolidate its expertise for identifying ways and means to solve the risk management problems faced by government and industry.
- Digital Sandbox’s Risk Analysis Center Software Platform that provides the patented risk analytics and data collection functions necessary for sophisticated risk analysis.
- The Risk Data Repository, a massive, ever-growing collection of commercial, government, and open source risk-related data.
- Sophisticated presentation and visualization tools, which provide customers with multi-faceted views of their problems’ solutions.
- Experienced risk analysts and subject matter experts whose understanding and knowledge of the public safety risk domain are key to designing and producing solutions for complex risk problems.
Together, these components combine to provide defensible and understandable solutions for the risk management problems that are facing public and private organizations today.
Risk Analysis Center Software Platform
A suite of analytic software and services designed to help federal, state, and local risk managers develop and deploy effective risk management strategies. The RAC application includes:
- Patented risk analytics
- Authoritative, quantitative threat, risk and preparedness models
- Complex, relational data collection and management tools
- Comprehensive reporting tools on risk, assets, threat/hazards, vulnerability, consequences, capabilities, and preparedness
Risk Data Repository
Recognizing that analytic output is only as good as its underlying data, Digital Sandbox is dedicated to collecting, processing, and maintaining ever-growing volumes of risk-related data in its Risk Data Repository.
- Data are vetted and tagged to ensure accuracy, currency, and traceability
- Additional, specialized risk metrics developed through aggregation, simulation, and re-analysis by DSI risk experts
- Best practices, assessments and survey results, and client benchmark data
- Data categories include (but not limited to:)
- National Asset Inventory across all industry sectors
- Ports and shipping data, national economic indicators
- Threat and hazard data for all catastrophic event types
- Population groups:
- Block level population risk from various threats and hazards
- Citizen and immigrant breakdowns
- Visitors and tourism flows
- Socially vulnerable groups
Visualization and Presentation Tools:
The Advanced Analytics Center’s ability to present sophisticated risk management solutions through dynamic computer monitoring screens and risk summary reports completes the total customer solution. The Advanced Analytics Center’s mission of producing accurate risk management solutions succeeds only if the results can be used to inform risk management decisions. The sophisticated visualization products created by Advanced Analytics Center analysts and programmers provide clients with results that are clear, comprehensible, and highly usable.
- Interactive dashboards that provide real-time pictures of data collections and analysis results
- Risk reports summarizing risk results through innovative quantitative data presentations
- Real-time data feeds using Advanced Analytics Center prioritizing and analysis algorithms to display most critical data
- Common operating pictures combining geospatial views with client data
Experienced Risk Analysts and Subject Matter Experts
A core team of risk analysts and specialized subject matter experts experienced with public safety risk analysis are fully-employed in providing expert analysis and guidance in solving complex risk problems. Their contributions include:
- Designing, creating, and configuring specialized risk domain models and risk metrics
- Accurately defining the customer’s risk domain model to establish data requirements
- Collecting, aggregating, and refining appropriate data for the risk domain
- Analyzing and enhancing data outputs
- Creating comprehensive solution reports and summaries